Crispy, creamy, hot and yummy, who doesn’t love French fries! Whether they are shoe string fries, twister, waffle cut, sweet potato fries, wedge, or curly, as long as they are deep fried into golden perfection, everybody will surely munch on them. Along with some good old catsup or homemade dipping sauce, this perfect snack is a guaranteed hit to every one!
But beyond its heavenly flavor is a deadly lodger that everybody hates, CALORIES! Eat one full bag of French fries and for sure, another 10 pounds is added on your weight! Plus the flavoring, the salt, the sauce, the catsup, the oil… how in this world can you enjoy this mouthwatering snack without the guilt? Well, this lady you’re about to meet has the ultimate answer.
Jen Nikolaus is a recipe blogger fond of making family-friendly, easy to make, yummy dishes that will not hurt your pockets nor your diet. She came up with this baked avocado fries recipe that will surely make you want some more!
What you’ll need:
- 1 firm avocado
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 1 ½ tbsp. soymilk
- Cup of bread crumbs
- Salt, seasoning and pepper to taste
- Garlic mayonnaise or aioli for dipping
How to make a savory avocado fries:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine egg white and soymilk into a bowl.
- Combine the bread crumbs, salt, pepper and seasoning into a separate bowl.
- Cut the avocado in half and slice each half into bite size pieces.
- Coat the avocado fries with flour then dip it into the egg and milk mixture.
- Shake the excess and gently press the coated avocado into the bread crumb mixture.
- When everything is well coated, place it into a baking sheet and bake the avocado in the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with garlic mayo or aioli on the side.
H/T to: yummyhealthyeasy
Isn’t this the healthiest fries ever? Just look at that bowl of awesomeness waiting to be devoured! No deep frying, no unwanted carbohydrates, no overwhelming calories, but just flavorful healthy snack! I am sure your friends will love this so share this amazing recipe with them! 🙂
If You Enjoyed This Story: